Wednesday, May 26, 2010

GPH: Dire Maul North for Rugged Leather

I am back! I won't go into much detail but the reason for my lack of posts is because I have been through a pretty hectic time in real life and I didn't feel like sparing my already scarce free time on blogging.

I needed some leather to level the Leatherworking skills of one of my alts, it was the middle of the night , I needed  20 stacks of leather and there was only one stack on the AH that was selling for 140g QQ so I decided to run DM North while catching up on some series I have missed.

Gameplan
Run to the courtyard, pick up the ogres at the campfire , pick up all the dogs + boss. If the boss or mobs drop a  Gordok Shackle Key loot it run out, reset and repeat. Continue like this untill another key drops, that's when you go inside the fort to save the goblin by doing the quest Freeing Knot! , if you get no keys on run 2 - 3 - 4 , simply free the goblin on your last run.


See below the route I took


Loot
Gold: 3 g
Vendor trash: 15 g
40x [Runecloth]: ~  10 g
230x [Rugged Leather]: ~ 450 g (40g/stack) more with Darkmoon Faire
30x [Thick Leather] ~ 22.5 g (15g/stack)
6x various blues/greens that disenchanted into mats worth 50g

That's a total of 550 gold per hour, which is pretty solid.

Freeing Knot
If you save this little dude you get 500 rep for each of the Steamwhiddle factions and he also lets you loot his box which usually holds all kinds of items, from felcloth to ~10 of Thick/Rugged Leather to herbs and always a BOP tailoring/leatherworking recipe that sells for 1-2g to a vendor and once gave me an epic BOE LW pattern I sold for 2k.

No comments:

Post a Comment