Thursday, November 18, 2010

Snowfall Ink - Stock or dump.

After four months of not playing and not doing anything WoW related I decided to start again just before Cata, to sort out my stocks and prepare for the 7th. I rediscovered three banktabs filled with Snowfalls on one of my mules and that has gotten me to think. Do I buy more, keep it this way or dump and lower the eventual losses? I decided to keep it this way and stock up whatever Snowfalls I get from milling for glyphs.

Cataclysm herb prices and Inscription skillups.
I think that the first 2-3 months of the game , the Cataclym herb prices will be very high, making the first  skillups (Runescrolls/Darkmoon card of the North) with items that use Snowfall Ink possibly cheaper than using the new herbs.

New scribes
With everyone and their mother rolling worgen and goblins; many of these guys that don't already have scribes will jump on the '' INSC MAYK MAD MONI BRA''  train and level Inscription. This will make Northend herbs rise in price, making buying my Snowfalls cheaper/faster for skillups.

Insane in the Membrane
They are removing the Shen'dralar faction from the game and they are removing it from the requirements to get the achievement. Shen'dralar was the most expensive and time consuming part of the achievement and with this removed many will start chasing the achievement and increase their rep with The Darkmoon Faire. Expect to see Darkmoon decks to be booming again. This alone makes me want to expand the tabs and start stocking, but I am already sitting on enough to craft close to 1000 cards, so instead I will keep on milling and let it accumulate naturally. Official post about the achievement.

99 problems, but my server ain't one.
Be cautious if you are playing on a low-pop realm, they tend to be much pricier and will make it difficult to find the items needed to craft cards, or insanely expensive. Also the amount of people going for the achivement can be lower, making selling the cards/decks harder. This can lower your profit and will add more risk to stocking.

Have fun, be carefull.

No comments:

Post a Comment